5 Reasons Why You Need a Mobile Marketing Strategy for Your Business –
More people these days are accessing the web from their mobile devices, and if you’re not at least mapping out a mobile strategy for your local business to secure a bit of this, you’re leaving lots of money on the table for other local businesses. Today over half of all local searches are done with a mobile device of some type and this trend is growing. People are now doing business on the go, shopping and price checking on the way to the store. As a result you simply need to make sure it’s your business! Here are 5 ways to make it happen
- Having a mobile ready site – Making certain your website is able to be viewed on any mobile device is a mandatory is a must. There is something of an art to creating the mobile version of your website, because the emphasis here is fast load time. It is estimated you’ve got less than 5 seconds for your site to load on a mobile device or they’re on to greener pastures. Be sure your site loads fast and looks great! According to Google polling, 52% of users say a bad mobile experience causes them to be much less likely to engage with a business.
- Offering deals, coupons and incentives to readers – 29% of consumers indicate that have a willingness to download a coupon or other incentives from their mobile device. Take them up on it! At present, only 10% of shoppers have gotten a coupon from a local merchant, according to survey done by Mercator Advisory Group. It’s time for you to get out ahead of this trend and stake your claim by using mobile marketing!
- Buy inexpensive mobile advertising – Mobile paid advertising is the new kid on the block and a very effective way to get lots of targeted traffic at a very low cost.
- Create a loyalty program – Using a mobile platform to initiate a loyalty program is a concept that is no longer is just used by restaurants. You can make rabid fans by having a simple, easy to use digital loyalty card app that works entirely on their mobile device. A fantastic way to reward regular customers.
- Utilize mobile email and SMS – Mobile email is now being opened at a rate of 26%, and it’s on pace to surpass PC open rates by the end of 2013, reported by MarketingLand.com. SMS (texting) has a whopping 95% open rate. These two statistics alone ought to be enough for you to get involved with the mobile side of marketing!